07/21/2017 8:13 PM
WILSON, N.C. – The Wilson Tobs defeated the Peninsula Pilots, 4-2, Friday at Historic Fleming Stadium.
After the win, the Tobs improve to 4-8 and 17-27 on the year while the Pilots fall to 8-5 and 24-17 on the season.
- Peninsula hit a home run in the second to take an early 1-0 lead
- AJ Hunt and Jake Holtzapple hit RBI singles while Carson McCurdy hit a RBI single and scored on a wild pitch in the fourth to take a 4-1 lead
- The Pilots scored the last run of the game off a walk which led to the final score, 4-2
- Dawnoven Smith went 3-for-4 with three singles
- Sam Luchansky started and threw five innings, tallied three strikeouts and received the win which gives him a 4-4 record on the season
The Tobs will head to Morehead City, N.C. to take on the Marlins. The Tobs will be back at Historic Fleming Stadium Sunday at 5 p.m. against the Edenton Steamers. It will be Bang for Your Buck Sunday which features $1 hot dog, popcorn and snow cones! It will also be Scout and Troop Night!
The Wilson Tobs enter their 21st season as an original member within the Coastal Plain League for the 2017 summer. The upcoming season for the Tobs will see an expanded community outreach effort, increased participation in helping the less fortunate and more exciting entertainment for the Wilson Community. We would like to dedicate each successful season to the Wilson Community, Coastal Plain League Organization, Host Families, Sponsors Partners and the Dedicated Fans throughout the city of Wilson. The Wilson Tobs have played host to over 100 alumni taken in the draft and have produced a dozen players who have gone on to play in the MLB, including Cy Young & MVP winner Justin Verlander. For more information on the Wilson Tobs, visit our website www.wilsontobs.com.